Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim..... tim..... is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

"Adam Funk" wrote in message ...

On 2012-08-09, Rod Speed wrote:

Steve Firth wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Steve Firth wrote

No one in Italy uses such a thing.

They do however have dedicated pizza ovens even in their homes.

Bull****.

Fact.

the number of homes with "dedicated pizza ovens" is very few.

Bull****.

Have you missed the posts indicating that Steve spends a lot of time
in Italy? I think he knows what goes on there.

I've lived in Italy too, and, whilst my circle of associates was likely to
be smaller (and younger) than Steve's, I didn't actually know anyone who
made pizza at home. If you wanted a pizza you went to the pizzeria at the
end of the road (and, whichever road it was, they made so much better pizza
than pizzeria anywhere else in the world, IME). It was cheap enough to do 4
times a week if you wanted - how many times a week do you need pizza?

So to me, Steve's comment can just as easily be interpreted to mean
"Italians don't make pizza at home".

(BTW I've actually no idea what this "stone" is supposed to do, if that's
relevant)

tim