Posted to alt.home.repair
Harry K Harry K is offline

Default Do they make bottle jacks to use horizontally?

On Aug 8, 2:08*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 13:48:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:
I think people who say Google is your friend are morons. *I googled

Agreed!!!!!

horizontal jack, and it is like being hit by a haystack. *A ton of worthless
crap that one has to sift through to find just what it is one is looking
for. *I just posted a post asking the question if a jack that works in the
horizontal position looks anything different than a regular one. *I looked
at about ten sites, and I could not find one that had that tidbit of
information. *I'm busy. *I don't want to sift hay for an hour. *I like
having a forum where one can ask a common question, and then not get smart
assed remarks, just the facts.

I tried Ebay. *That was a bigger joke. *90% of what I found was Jack
Daniels bottles!!!!

Like you, I dont care to waste my time searching thru piles of online
rubbish, and for that matter, I'd prefer to avoid shopping online. *Yet,
I have not found any jacks that say "horizontal use" in the local big
box or hardware stores.

And while we're at it. *I'm still looking for the other kind of tool. *A
C-clamp or any type of clamp that clamps OUTWARD. *In some cases, a
bottle jack is just not feasible to use. *Why is it that all clamps are
made to clamp inward?

Yes, but they all seem to be special purpose from a quick google .
Try search string:

reverse force clamp

I don't understand the "anti google" bit. All I get when I use it is
either one "google"
advert at top and the search field, or no advert at all, jsut a blank
page with the search field.

Harry K