Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

MM wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote
stuart noble wrote

Our Co Op has gone all posh with an instore baked walnut loaf at £1.85.
Have to say it was rather tasty and more than twice as dense as the
cheaper loaves.

Yes - most supermarkets do those now. At a price - about 1.60 for a
small loaf.

You can bake em for about 75p

Lot less than that in fact.

What I bought yesterday was a sourdough loaf. I don't think
that's your run-of-the-mill loaf for simply knocking up at home.

It is actually if you use a bread machine.

People talk glibly about baking their own bread,

Plenty do it too.

but I've seen the results (and the resultant mess) from some attempts

Some can **** up anything cooking wise.

and, well, you'd much rather buy professionally made bread.

Not if you have even half a clue and use a bread machine.

What I make every 4 days leaves the professionally made bread for dead.

Making some decent bread isn't like knocking up a few fairy cakes!

Its actually even easier to do than that if you use a bread machine.

Just weigh out the 3 components, dry mix, water and yeast
and the machine does all the rest, perfect result every time.

MUCH better than the 'professionally made' **** and MUCH cheaper too.