Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 03:17:33 -0700 (PDT), jkn
wrote:

(I have just bought an expensive baking stone for my oven and am
enjoying learning more about making slow fermentation breads...)

Ah, do you mean, like, a pizza stone? I've had one for about a year
and for baking pizzas it's absolutely brilliant. You have to leave it
to heat up in the hot oven for quite a while, though, to get good
results. I put mine in the top oven, switch it on and leave it for 20
minutes, then put the pizza in for just a few minutes. However, I only
ever buy thin-based Italian pizzas, fresh if possible. Aldi's fresh
pizza is not bad.

MM