Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 19:37:07 +0100, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

stuart noble wrote:
On 07/08/2012 16:03, Mike Barnes wrote:
Man at B&Q :
On Aug 7, 12:56 pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

Bread is one of the few things where a decent supermarket may
make some types there self - on the premises.

Do they actually make it form scratch though? I thought all they
do is finish off part baked bread, the sort you buy yourself out
on the shelves. It will stil be produced for them in an
industrial scale.

Interesting that supermarket bakeries often have fresh yeast bricks
available for sale if you ask, but they're not out on the shelves.
They're presumably used in the bakery for something.

Our Co Op has gone all posh with an instore baked walnut loaf at
£1.85. Have to say it was rather tasty and more than twice as dense
as the cheaper loaves.

That should give MM a heart attack.

Indeed. But as I've just said, occasionally I'll treat myself. Not to
a walnut one, though. My taste is for the olive bread, or the onion
variety (delicious with cheese), or the Mediterranean loaf that Tesco
does. Asda does a nice range of these expensive specialties, but is
cheaper than Tesco or Sainsbury's.

MM