Posted to uk.d-i-y
MM MM is offline

Default OT Aldi Update

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 23:14:30 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
Our Co Op has gone all posh with an instore baked walnut loaf at £1.85.
Have to say it was rather tasty and more than twice as dense as the
cheaper loaves.

Yes - most supermarkets do those now. At a price - about 1.60 for a small
loaf.

You can bake em for about 75p

What I bought yesterday was a sourdough loaf. I don't think that's
your run-of-the-mill loaf for simply knocking up at home. People talk
glibly about baking their own bread, but I've seen the results (and
the resultant mess) from some attempts and, well, you'd much rather
buy professionally made bread. Making some decent bread isn't like
knocking up a few fairy cakes!

MM