Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default Spice Model Problems?

Fred Abse wrote:
On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 21:16:50 +1000, David Eather wrote:

On Wed, 08 Aug 2012 05:27:45 +1000, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of devices
whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality very well,
or has serious issues.

I'll try my hand at modeling the device and post my results on these
newsgroups and on the LTspice list. It would be helpful if, when you
make a suggestion, you state where and how it fails to match up with
claimed data sheet performance.

[No real nasty systems-on-a-chip... I want to save those for paying
customers... and, for now, keep it limited to Analog parts :-]

...Jim Thompson

Some basic 741's really suck - they can deliver amps with no power supply
draw (I didn't bother to check the rest)

741s suck, period.

I am glad you put the comma there, but, I myself do find general purpose
use of those, cheap, easy to use because I have lots of them. No lost
when something goes "Hmm"

If I were to be doing something that required the extra features of
other higher grade Op-amps, I then go shopping for better ones to fit my
use with in the spec's I need.

We still use lots of OP400 type op-amps because we have lots of them
hanging around. They seem to work well in area's where we think we need
to use them. Then we have the LM324,TL08x types which also have their place.

I work in an industrial environment where we are still working with
5,12, 24, 120, 240 and 480V stuff...

etc..
etc..

Jamie