Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do they make bottle jacks to use horizontally?

On Aug 8, 5:08*pm, wrote:
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 13:48:52 -0700, "Steve B" wrote:
I think people who say Google is your friend are morons. *I googled

Agreed!!!!!

So now we have the guy who had to come here
asking about a bottle jack that would work sideways
calling me a moron. And I'm the one that found him
the bottle jack in 10 seconds on Google and provided
the first reply solving his problem. So much for thanks.

As for Steve B:

" I googled
horizontal jack, and it is like being hit by a haystack. A ton of
worthless
crap that one has to sift through to find just what it is one is
looking
for. I just posted a post asking the question if a jack that works in
the
horizontal position looks anything different than a regular one. I
looked
at about ten sites, and I could not find one that had that tidbit of
information. I'm busy. I don't want to sift hay for an hour. I
like
having a forum where one can ask a common question, and then not get
smart
assed remarks, just the facts. "

I used google and found the jack at harbor freight in about
10 seconds. So, I'd say the problem isn't google. It's just
that google is too sophisticated a tool for Steve.
And then you have to love this from him too:

" I like having a forum where one can ask a common
question, and then not get smart assed remarks,
just the facts. "

I provided the facts. I found a bottle jack that works
horizontally. Steve is the one in the forum with the
smart assed remarks that have nothing to do with the
question.

Who's the moron now, moron?

horizontal jack, and it is like being hit by a haystack. *A ton of worthless
crap that one has to sift through to find just what it is one is looking
for. *I just posted a post asking the question if a jack that works in the
horizontal position looks anything different than a regular one. *I looked
at about ten sites, and I could not find one that had that tidbit of
information. *I'm busy. *I don't want to sift hay for an hour. *I like
having a forum where one can ask a common question, and then not get smart
assed remarks, just the facts.

I tried Ebay. *That was a bigger joke. *90% of what I found was Jack
Daniels bottles!!!!

Like you, I dont care to waste my time searching thru piles of online
rubbish, and for that matter, I'd prefer to avoid shopping online. *Yet,
I have not found any jacks that say "horizontal use" in the local big
box or hardware stores.

And while we're at it. *I'm still looking for the other kind of tool. *A
C-clamp or any type of clamp that clamps OUTWARD. *In some cases, a
bottle jack is just not feasible to use. *Why is it that all clamps are
made to clamp inward?