Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Do they make bottle jacks to use horizontally?

wrote in message
On Wed, 8 Aug 2012 12:36:01 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Google is your friend.....

God I wish people would stop saying this......
Google might have been a friend 10 years ago. Today google is one of
the most corrupt companies on the internet.

Anyhow, thanks for the link!

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-...ack-66480.html

I think people who say Google is your friend are morons. I googled
horizontal jack, and it is like being hit by a haystack. A ton of worthless
crap that one has to sift through to find just what it is one is looking
for. I just posted a post asking the question if a jack that works in the
horizontal position looks anything different than a regular one. I looked
at about ten sites, and I could not find one that had that tidbit of
information. I'm busy. I don't want to sift hay for an hour. I like
having a forum where one can ask a common question, and then not get smart
assed remarks, just the facts.

I appreciate the link you posted. It shows me that a regular and horizontal
jack look alike. It does not show if it is clearly labeled on the jack, so
that one might know if they do find one at a yard sale.

BUT, I had my answers from one simple post, and I never did get there on
Google. Google returns everything from lifting jacks to Jack Daniels on a
generic search. And I get aggravated by the geniuses who say I just need to
look harder.

Steve