Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default $0.76 Black and Decker trimmer part...

Larry Fishel wrote the following on 8/7/2012 1:59 AM (ET):
On Monday, August 6, 2012 9:32:33 PM UTC-4, willshak wrote:
There is currently an ad on the TV for a replacement reel that I might
try next. They show it cutting through a piece of plywood (very thin, I
might add) and banging the head against a wire fence.

I've seen that ad, but I always thought half the point of a "string" trimmer was that you didn't have to worry about damaging things while trimming. Why would you want a head that will peel that bark off the base of a tree? To save a few dollars a year on string?

Of course, if you don't have any trees or sheds or sprinklers...maybe it makes sense...

Hitting any of those things would be a mistake. All string trimmers are
capable of doing damage to objects or even your body. In some cases even
killing a frog that was hidden in the grass near the pool.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY