Posted to uk.d-i-y
Terry Casey Terry Casey is offline

Default Mending broken bus windows

In article ,
says...

Try a bus scrapyard (Yes, they do exist) ...

PVS Barnsley claim to be the largest.

http://www.pvsbuses.com

Contact them via their website with details of the windows required.

Possibly they might be able to point to a similar operation closer to
you if you ask, as personal collection would solve any delivery
problems.

Incidentally, I often notice, when travelling on vintage buses, that the
BS certification on ALL windows is circled in yellow chinagraph pencil.
I assume this check is part of the MOT.

Note that many vehicles I travel on are privately owned and are NOT
licenced PCVs. (A PCV is subject to a much stricter MOT.)

If you are going down the polycarbonate route, I would suggest you check
this out.

Have you thought of having a word with your MOT testing station about
this?

--

Terry