Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

Gunner Asch on Tue, 07 Aug 2012 15:38:27 -0700
typed in alt.survival the following:
On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 18:24:48 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
.44...

I guess some folks have never heard of combat engineers,like the
SEABEEs.
I recall the Indiana blizzard of 78 where the National Guard used
their M-
60 tanks to pull semi-trucks out of ditches on I-65,after they had
jacknifed on ice and unplowed snow. The tanks were the only vehicles
available that had the traction on the ice,the normal wreckers with
tires
couldn't do it. IIRC,an M-60 weighs over 50 tons.

Jim Yanik

Tanks!?

I guess some folks have never heard of plowing, sanding and salting
icy roads.

jsw

when the roads are that icy...the plows, sanders and salters cant get
out of the yard.

Been there..done that.

Tanks sliding snow and ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au-RkJdwXsA

Tracks will do that, too.

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
Most journalists these days couldn't investigate a missing chocolate cake