Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default My backup generator solution....

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message
On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:08:58 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:
My 3KW genny won't start my air compressor unless the tank is
empty
or I loosen the pipe at the head.
jsw

Well it it wasnt starting..those 25 amps were not enough..were they?
Gunner

Trimmed to make the sequence clearer.

The 3KW generator starts three of my 1/2HP motors and my window A/C
only if they aren't loaded, i.e. with manual intervention. I tried a
neighbor's similar Powermate 6KW generator and found that it could
produce no more current at 120V, it seemed like two separate 3KW
windings in series to give 6KW at 240V.

jsw