Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

Default My backup generator solution....

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

ATP wrote:

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

ATP wrote:

A 3KV generator supplies [3000/120] amps at 120 volts = 25 amps

Generators don't like sudden changes in load. The engine has to add
additional energy to the rotor, and the speed drops until it does. A
small generator doesn't have enough mass in its rotor to maintain it's
speed to start a motor that's close to the rated output.

I understand that, still it's not correct to state that a 3 KV generator
only supplies 13 amps at 120 volts.

A 13 KV generator supplies 13,000 Volts. ;-)

Sorry, KVA. Spent too much time in the sun on Sunday...