Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default Spice Model Problems?

On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 15:42:52 -0400, bitrex
wrote:

On 8/7/2012 3:27 PM, Jim Thompson wrote:
I'm honing my Spice modeling skills and need some suggestions of
devices whose manufacturer-provided Spice model doesn't match reality
very well, or has serious issues.

I'll try my hand at modeling the device and post my results on these
newsgroups and on the LTspice list. It would be helpful if, when you
make a suggestion, you state where and how it fails to match up with
claimed data sheet performance.

[No real nasty systems-on-a-chip... I want to save those for paying
customers... and, for now, keep it limited to Analog parts :-]

...Jim Thompson

4046? (Does a Spice model even exist?)

You mean the PLL/VCO? I thought someone had done a model for that,
but I'm game. It's mostly digital but I'll at least take a peek.
Those things are easy in PSpice, due to its digital primitives that
are lacking in other Spice's. But I can make Analog logic ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |