Edwin Pawlowski

Default 14" bandsaw

"Grant" wrote in message newsjzfc.7952$L75.6986@fed1read06...
Ed,
Which models exactly are you comparing of the Delta. Was it the 28-276?
Thanks,
Grant

This is my previous post.

Delta 28-276 (399.00). Is one better that the other or about the same
quality wise. Any reason to pick one over the other, or just go with the
lower cost?

For one thing, the Ridgid is ugly. Appearance aside, there won't be a huge
difference in use. The Delta looks to have a smaller footprint because the
motor is mounted under, rather than in back of the saw.

I've only take a cursory glance at the Ridgid. I've not seen this
particular model of Delta up close, but other Delta saws are much nicer fit
and finish. The Delta table is 16 x 16 while the Ridgid is only 14 x 14.
That can make a difference in how you handle and support your wood. The
Delta dust port seems to be in a better location also. I'd spend the extra
$20 for it, but that is just me.
Ed