Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jethro_uk[_2_] Jethro_uk[_2_] is offline

Default Yes..solar PV is officially still ****

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 22:18:14 +0100, tony sayer wrote:

In article , dennis@home
scribeth thus

"Graham." wrote in message
. ..

Why else would this piece of 1970s communications equipment be in the
JPL mission control this morning?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/7...ream/lightbox/

On a serious note, its because the VoIP stuff is cr@p and unreliable so
they have at least one phone that will work in an emergency.

More Den bull .. we've gone VoIP on all lines and its fine, absolutely
excellent sound quality and much cheaper calls!...

Ever get around to the One or Two RCD answer;?..

I was lumbered with a VOIP (Sipgate) phone for work, and thought it was
crap - poor audio quality, and more annoying dropped calls.

A bit of RTFM and I punched a few holes in my router firewall - works
great now.