Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

The Daring Dufas on Mon, 06 Aug
2012 23:17:20 -0500 typed in alt.survival the following:

Some years ago I came up with an idea for NDC, National Disaster Corps.
Young people who didn't care for the military could join The NDC and
get the same sort of benefits for serving the country armed not with a
gun but a shovel and a hard hat. Like The Peace Corps but with heavy
equipment. The corps could be organized like the military and even work
with the military for transportation and basing. Heck, there are empty
bases all over the place they could work out of. I would imagine that
The NDC would be more welcome in certain parts of the world than the
military in times of disaster. ^_^

We called them Labor Battalions in the old country. Actually, it
was called Reichsarbeitsdienst - Imperial Labor Service. In the US it
was the Civilian Conservation Corps, back in the New Deal. In both
cases, if not run by the Army, along the Army lines.
In theory, wasn't Ameri-Corps suppose to do something like this?
--

I don't know, I simply thought about all the disasters that seem to be
going on around the country and the world, perhaps young folks and even

TDD