Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default schools backup power

Jim Yanik wrote:

WHAT does a school HAVE to power,that would justify the cost of a backup
generator and fuel supply?
maybe the food in the kitchen's freezer/refrigerator? doubtful.

Kind of hard to use a school as an emergency shelter without power.

If power goes out,they just send the kids home.
that's what happened to me back in the 1960's,in junior high.

OTOH,I went past a local Publix supermarket that had a semi-truck/trailer
portable generator supplying power while repairs were being made to
something.
It seems there's a private company here in Orlando that offers that
service. I imagine FEMA and local state emergency departments have similar
systems.

Some states do have those resources, BUT try to get them when you need
them.
As for FEMA they can kiss my a$$. I have yet to see a single thing they
have been involved in that actually works as planned.
Plus they have some really STUPID ideas about how to handle real
emergencies.

--
Steve W.