Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Metalliferous question

Steve B wrote:
"Bob La Londe" wrote

The crappie spreaders are made with stainless steel spring wire. My uncle
and I used to twist them up on the spot as needed when fishing rock piles
for perch out from Marblehead. You can order it anysize you want. You
may even be able to buy it at craft stores.

of my grey matter. The hooks were

Have googled several sources of the wire in 36" lengths. What diameter
would that be? It starts with .005", and goes to .100". It is for fishing
crappie, and large bluegill. Our state record for bluegill is 2 # 7 oz.
These, I am sure are a few different species, but they are lumped together
under "bluegill."
Black crappie is 3 # 5 oz.

The purpose of the special rigging is so we can toss back the littler ones
without inflicting too much damage from unhooking them. It looks bad if the
ranger comes up, and there's several dead and dying fish floating around
your boat. Almost makes you look like you're using dynamite.

Steve

There gills, Most of them are a PIA, although I do use the smaller ones
as bait at times.....

So what's wrong with using dynamite !!!! At least they can't say you
were targeting a particular species!

--
Steve W.