Posted to uk.d-i-y
polygonum polygonum is offline

Default Yes..solar PV is officially still ****

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 21:13:45 +0100, Graham. wrote:

I think they are working on the assumption that any LGM they encounter
will be less advanced than us by about 30 years.

Why else would this piece of 1970s communications equipment be in the
JPL mission control this morning?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/g3zvt/7...ream/lightbox/

Quite a number of years ago I visited "mission control" at the European
Space Agency centre at Darmstadt. The person who took me round (an
acquaintance who worked there) explained that almost everything in the
room was for show only. So the VIPs could be invited in and feel they were
privileged to be part of things - with the danger of someone hitting the
wrong button. The real equipment was in the room behind...

But I am not sure how many of ESA's missions would be exciting enough to
get many VIPs.

--
Rod