Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Birmingham blizzard of 1993

Stormin Mormon wrote:

The Damn Yankees are the ones who are casually driving, and wondering what's
the big problem anyway?

That would be a VERY stupid and truly Damned Yankee.

The smart ones will be off the road as soon as possible. I got
caught in one near Cincinnati in the '70s. They were advising you to
find a motel, and get off the road but they were all full, and the
parking lots were blocked by snow, so I had to get all the way home. A
30 mile drive that took over seven hours and used a full tank of gas.
It was a good thing that I had filled up my truck on the way to work
that day. You could see less than 1/10 mile, yet some idiots driving 18
wheelers were hauling ass and blowing cars & small trucks off I-75. One
flew past me and my truck spun two full turns and almost rolled
sideways.