Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
[email protected] news@jecarter.us is offline

Default schools backup power

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 07:16:20 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

In PRNY, I've seen zero schools with backup generators. But, then, I've not
been near a school in a while.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
om...

If they can afford it. The kids were in school, since it was
winter. How do the parents take off and not cause the kids to fail, and
be held back a year? How were they to know it would be six weeks?

It the power in the entire area is out, there won't be any school.

^^

Really? I spent a month in a local school during and after a
hurricane. Their diesel generator was still running when I left. That's
different from an ice storm, but I haven't seen a public school without
a large power plant in over 25 years.

That depends on where you are. Some areas have never provided backup
power at their schools.