Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Birmingham blizzard of 1993

On Mon, 6 Aug 2012 08:50:24 -0400, "J. Clarke" wrote:

In article , cayoung61
says...

The Damn Yankees are the ones who are casually driving, and wondering what's
the big problem anyway?

They find out right quick. Driving in New England after a snowstorm
isn't much of a problem--the plows make a pass through the major roads
and get some sand down very quickly.

Maybe in CT, but not in real New England. Sand is for sissies and
enviro-weenies. In the cold country they use straight salt or nothing.

Without the plows we get stuck or
go slipsliding away just like Southern folks.

Nonsense. You've obviously never lived in the South.

A snowstorm in Atlanta is
a different experience from one in Ohio. I never had to put the chains
on in Ohio or in Connecticut, but I did once in Atlanta.

The problem with the South, Altanta in particular, are the drivers; both in
number and preparedness. ...and they really don't know how to drive in bad
weather; fast and brake-happy.