Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Birmingham blizzard of 1993

In article , cayoung61
says...

The Damn Yankees are the ones who are casually driving, and wondering what's
the big problem anyway?

They find out right quick. Driving in New England after a snowstorm
isn't much of a problem--the plows make a pass through the major roads
and get some sand down very quickly. Without the plows we get stuck or
go slipsliding away just like Southern folks. A snowstorm in Atlanta is
a different experience from one in Ohio. I never had to put the chains
on in Ohio or in Connecticut, but I did once in Atlanta.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

We had The Blizzard of 1993 which paralyzed Birmingham and surrounding
area to an incredible degree(no pun). It would have been a minor
inconvenience for a Northern city but what hit us was way outside our
experience with snowfall. We could swap them dang Yankees a few
tornadoes for a couple of blizzards. ^_^

TDD