Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default FEMA blocks the tankers

I was listening to the AM radio out of Rochester, NY during Hurricane
Katrena. The Rochester, NY fire department had a boat to send, to help out.
Aparently, FEMA heard of this, and called them to tell them not to come.

I've heard plenty of other moments when FEMA prevented rescuers from
rescuing. I suspect they are the "Department of NO".

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
m...

That's great, if the tankers can get there. What it really means is
that other stations get no gas, unless extra trucks are availible.

...and they're so likely to send trucks into an area where there is doubt
that
they'll come back (soon).

Do you have any idea how long the state of Florida is, and how many
tanker loads of gasoline it takes to evacutate an area? FEMA stopped
gasoline deliveries to Florida in the last round of huricanes that hit
this area. They were sitting along I 75, across the state border.