Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nick Odell Nick Odell is offline

Default Honing guides

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 09:42:00 +0100, ss wrote:

I dont use chisels much, so much so that over the years I didnt realise
how bad they had become, also the stone was hollowed out. What I did for
a quick improvement was use a piece of flat pack wood and glued a few
grades of wet & dry to it. Not perfect but a vast improvement on my
chisels, now looking for a piece of plate glass. I use the eclipse
guide, its ok for me as I am not sharpening chisels every day.

Luckily for me, once a stone becomes hollowed out it gets 'upgraded'
to stoning the fret radius on guitar fingerboards!

Nick