Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.cad
Jim Thompson[_3_] Jim Thompson[_3_] is offline

Default What the frick...

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 21:36:17 -0700, Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 15:41:24 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

What the frick...

If it were easy, it would not be fun. Did you at least use Google to
search for the error message before posting?

Every time I boot up the laptop I get:
"Windowsapplication1 has encountered a problem and needs to close"
Annoying but seems to not be a problem otherwise. Anyone know the
cause?

Yep. You have an application that's loading at boot that requires
dot.nyet 2.0, 3.0 or 3.5 or you machine is having a bad day trying
install yet another dot.nyet security update. Make sure you have all
the versions of dot.nyet installed. Use FrameworkDetect.exe to
determine what's installed:
http://frameworkdetector.codeplex.com/releases/view/43405
Also, run Windoze Update and make sure you have successfully installed
all the dot.nyet updates. If one or more dot.nyet updates refuse to
install, you're screwed. See below.

If dot.nyet parts and pieces are corrupted, come back and I'll supply
remove and reinstall instructions. It's a major time burner to
replace everything but it's the only way I've found that works every
time. You'll need to download the dot.nyet cleanup tool:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/08/28/8904493.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/net/download/earlier-versions

I like that... "dot.nyet" ;-)

That's what I had concluded. I'll track it down. Microsoft craps
again :-(

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO | mens |