Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Honda Generators

On 8/5/2012 12:10 PM, zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Sun, 05 Aug 2012 11:54:30 -0500, The Daring Dufas

"Steve W." wrote:

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:

My hurricane plane is to get in the car and drive, *BEFORE* it hits. ...and
I'm not anywhere near the coast.

You have a flying car?

I don't have that option.

He wasn't in Alabama in the early '70s when ice took town the main HV
feed across the state, from a nuclear power plant. Some areas were
without power for six weeks. It was the first heavy snow fall in 20
years, and a lot of power lines weren't built for the temperature so
they were snapping or pulling down poles.

We had The Blizzard of 1993 which paralyzed Birmingham and surrounding
area to an incredible degree(no pun). It would have been a minor
inconvenience for a Northern city but what hit us was way outside our
experience with snowfall. We could swap them dang Yankees a few
tornadoes for a couple of blizzards. ^_^

At least them "dang Yankees" could drive through the snow to get your ass to
the hospital. ;-)

That's the point but the guys who go mud riding in their 4X4 didn't seem
to have any trouble getting around. ^_^

TDD