Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival,alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Honda Generators

pyotr filipivich wrote:

News footage
interviewing a guy right in the middle. "Yep, I work here, and the
power went out, and I could see the tree" [cut to 18-24 inch moderate
sized tree trunk where it was cut off at the road's edge] "so I got
out the chain saw, and me and a couple other guys had the road open in
about a half hour or so."

A similar thing happened on my road. By the time I went to work, the tree
was neatly cut up and loaded into the back of someone's pickup. Waste not,
want not. Almost everyone around here except me has a chain saw; I'm old
fashioned and carry an axe in the car. I'll admit if there were several
trees across the road I'd truly regret not having a Stihl instead.