Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_37_] Bill[_37_] is offline

Default Beginners Poly Application/Tack Cloth question

Mike Marlow wrote:
Bill wrote:
dadiOH wrote:
Bill wrote:

Can you suggest to me the best way to pretty-her back up?

1. Sand the "blemish" and surrounding area so that it isn't sunken

2. Apply more finish

Note: this concludes today's rocket science lesson.

I was definitely impressed with how a mere few seconds with 1200-grit
removed the small "crater". More finish has been applied! : )

Yup - typically the divot is not really all that deep, but the finish really
makes it look deep. A little bit of work and it's gone.

Making a "$100 honing strop" was mostly about getting a lesson--and I
was a benefactor of several excellent ones besides what I learned
myself! My favorite part was using my Nicholson rasp for the first time.
I'll post a pic after I glue on the leather this week in case anyone
would care to see the result. Thank you for your help!

Bill