Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Honda Generators

" wrote:

On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 13:38:04 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

wrote:

Sure. As I've said, BTDT. ...but a clothes line as an important
part of emergency preparedness. Get real.

My hurricane plane is to get in the car and drive, *BEFORE* it hits.
...and I'm not anywhere near the coast.

Hang in there. Someday you'll say "Dang-nabbit, I'm gonna stay put this
time..." and discover the joys of drinking beer during the storm and betting
with your neighbors just how high a metal trashcan, moving at 70 mph, can
fly.

I don't drink anymore. It left a lot more money for the get-outta-town fund.
;-)

From the combined experience of several who've tried it, experiencing a
hurricane on a traffic-blocked Interstate is only minimal fun.

They just left too late. Gotta beat the rush and get good seats.

Then you better leave a week or more before it hits. The biggest
problem is gasoline. A lot of people run out and find that the stations
are waiting on extra deliveries. You have jerks show up with a bunch of
cans or even 55 gallon drums, in spite of being told that they are only
supposed to fill the tanks on their vehicles.