Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival
Steve W.[_4_] Steve W.[_4_] is offline

Default Honda Generators

Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Steve W." wrote in message
Try closer to two weeks in many places. With power out for over 3
weeks in some spots....
Nope. 2-4" was the normal amount for the storm. Places it was even
worse.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A..._Storm_of_1998

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Halloween_nor'easter
See "Halloween" for how people just dealt with it.

"Customers still suffering outages, including actress Mia Farrow at
her home in Bridgewater, continued to cope as best they could, by
sleeping at the homes of friends who had already had their electricity
restored, taking showers at work and storing perishable foods
outside."

I know all about it. I live in central N.Y.
Being a FF/EMT I get to play a lot when things like that happen. For me
it's usually, make sure my power is up and running, hit the station for
the same then start clearing snow so we can get in/out of the station.
Then visit shut-ins and check on elderly and special needs people. Then
it's wait for the normal stuff.

For folks who might want to help.
http://fireinyou.org/

--