Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.survival,rec.crafts.metalworking
homme de la maison homme de la maison is offline

Default Honda Generators

On 08/03/2012 05:33 PM, Stormin Mormon top-posted:
With idiot proof interlocks, to prevent back feeding up the main wire, and
killing workers?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

"Snag" wrote in message

Mine's out in the shed , which has it's own breaker box with the means to
back-feed the house . I just need to pipe the exhaust outside when I fire it
up .

Backfeeding is illegal here and the local AHD and the POCO are cracking
down on it. If they catch you backfeeding, they disconnect at the
transformer and will not restore service until an electrical inspection
is passed. Basic electrical inspections are $250 and the utility charges
an additional $75 reconnect fee. I suspect the electrical inspector
could flag any other violations he finds so repair costs could escalate.

Seems to me it would be cheaper (and safer) to put in a proper interlock
kit...but that's just me. ;-)