Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.survival

Default Honda Generators

On Sat, 04 Aug 2012 13:37:35 -0400, "Steve W." wrote:

wrote:
On Sat, 4 Aug 2012 11:05:20 -0400, "Jim Wilkins" wrote:

wrote in message
Good grief. Instead of all that nonsense just stay in a hotel, say,
in Mickey
World, for a week.
Does your butler dress you?

Do you live that close to the edge that you couldn't stay in a hotel for a
week? I sure as hell don't. I suppose there are many who live EBT payment to
EBT payment.

The last BIG ice storm that hit in NY kept power out for a long time up
north. It also blocked all the roads with downed trees and heavy ice.

Roads are blocked for a few days, at most. You can't last a few days without
washing your shorts?

Staying in a hotel wouldn't have been an option because only a very few
still had power and most didn't have water or power. Plus with the roads
closed and blocked the way they were you couldn't have gotten out of the
area anyway.

The issue isn't an emergency generator. I'm with you there. The issue is
about stupid clothes lines for an emergency and the holier than thou crap from
the moron who thinks he's better than all his neighbors because he knows how
to use one. giggle

Walking was very dangerous simply because everything was coated with
2-4" of ice.

2-4" of ice is a stretching things a bit, unless you're talking about ice
fishing.

You can still see remnants of the storm on Google maps if you look,
large areas where the largest trees now are only a few years old.

Sure. As I've said, BTDT. ...but a clothes line as an important part of
emergency preparedness. Get real.

My hurricane plane is to get in the car and drive, *BEFORE* it hits. ...and
I'm not anywhere near the coast.