Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default OT Aldi

"tim....." wrote:
[snip]

Trust me! The one thing that you don't want to do is buy cheap olive oil
(unless it's for ear drops)

See previous post. I knew that there was something not right about the
supposed Italian extra-virgin olive oil sold in German supermarkets
because it was for sale at prices lower than the guaranteed wholesale price
for the product. David HandyLoon can't get his head around the fact that no
farmer will sell their produce for less than the wholesale price when all
they need to do is to call the local co-op and sell everything they
produced at a guaranteed price.

He also doesn't understand that it's a seller's market with less oil
produced than there is deman for. I'm not sure how naive he is. Would he
buy Aberdeen Angus steak at £1 per kg?