Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
tim..... wrote:
"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...

On 03/08/12 22:48, ARWadsworth wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_Su...cs_medal_table
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Su...cs_medal_table

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

The Aussies are not doing very well:-)

I think it's rather sad that approx 50 % of our medals are won by
Public school attendees. Pretty poor reflection on sport in State
schools.

Perhaps you have cause and effect the wrong way round.

It's pretty clear that rowing is a "posh boys" sport but cycling?

It could just be that boys from well to do families, who just happen
to be good at sport, have parents who can fund them, whereas normal
people don't.
tim

A painter and decorators daughter has a chance of gold tonight.

--
Adam

Don't forget the aftershave.