Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

In article ,
Andy Cap wrote:
I think it's rather sad that approx 50 % of our medals are won by Public
school attendees. Pretty poor reflection on sport in State schools.

Not many state schools have their own private lake to practice rowing on.

Probably also worth noting that if you have a particular talent in some
of these sports, that is not unusual to get a scholarship to whichever
public school is particularly well equipped to develop that talent.
Hence there will be some skew toward the private sector anyway.

--
Cheers,

John.