Posted to uk.d-i-y
brass monkey brass monkey is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote
Andy Cap wrote
ARWadsworth wrote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/...dals/countries

I think it's rather sad that approx 50 % of our medals are won by Public
school attendees. Pretty poor reflection on sport in State schools.

Possibly due to the type of events. Rowing and sailing.

Fraid not.

I'd also suggest that national league tables have become almost
meaningless, as competitors are now almost traded as a commodity with
good runners from Africa for example, now representing very disparate
countries. With the world going the way it is, perhaps it's time to
dump the nationalistic fervour and concentrate on the individual
achievement.

Zola Budd?

Who ?

Personally I think that's a sad, even unsafe development but it seems an
inevitable outcome.

Now who will you support when interstellar transport is available

Won't happen.

and we are Team Earth?

And that in spades.

And even if it did, no one, nada, ziltch, just like now.

I'm not that stupid, even if fools like you are that stupid.

Hey wodney, ever thought that your attempts to wind people up, just don't
work?
LMFAO