Layne

Default 14" bandsaw

Hi Grant,

Don't give up trying to find a good used BS like Delta. You need to
have some patience and luck, but one will turn up. When it does have
cash on hand and if it looks good to you don't wait...someone will be
waiting to snatch it up. I found my used Delta BS in the online
version of the LA Times classifieds. I called the guy up ASAP and told
him I'd show up with his money the next morning. I got a year old 14"
Delta with open stand, 1hp motor, miter gauge, fence, and mobile base
for $250.

Check Ebay, Penny Saver, online and local machinery dealers,
Woodworker West Magazine, newspaper, friends, family, etc. and one
will turn up. For $400 you can buy a really nice 16" BS. FWIW, I
bought my Dayton 10" drill press from a machinery dealer in Fullerton
that had it on Ebay. There's a SoCal machinery dealer that always post
nice stuff on Ebay (can't remember the Co.'s name though).

Good luck and happy BS hunting,

Layne

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 21:11:02 -0700, "Grant" wrote:

Ok it has been awhile since I posted on usenet. But I used to and it seems
a good place to seek and share advice.

I am looking to purchase a 14" bandsaw. I'm in Southern California. Any
recommendations or deals in the area here I should consider? I cannot
afford super expensive. It would be great to pick up a used one for less,
but I've searched and it is hard to find a used one.

Thanks,
Grant
vanbokklen At yahoo Dot com