Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Is there anyone other than me that is proud of this country?

Brian Gaff wrote

I think despite the critics, people are telling me that the organisation
of the Olympics has been very good so far

Like hell they are on the number of empty seats alone.

Complete and utter shambles in fact.

with the result that people are happy at the venues etc.

Pity about the ones that couldn’t get the tickets for those empty seats.

Of course there has been the odd breakdown on the underground,

Shouldn’t have happened if the system had been designed right.

Its not as if there has been any unpredictable events.

but apparently the back up systems and staff have been informed about
them.

It would be one hell of an inditement if they had not.

Lets hope all of this good practice and helpfulness is not forgotten
after its all over.

Corse it will be.