Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Farm tractor rampage

Oren wrote:
On Fri, 3 Aug 2012 11:26:44 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

On Friday, August 3, 2012 12:45:58 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
"...A man on a big farm tractor, angry about his recent arrest for
resisting arrest and marijuana possession, was rolling across their
vehicles -- five marked cruisers, one unmarked car and a transport
van."

Why is it the criminals never "man up" and accept the penalty for
what they've done?

When you find the answer let me know. My experience is just when you
think you have a criminal figured out and think you understand, they
change all the rules.

It's always the cop's fault for catching them...

Right. Crooks used to complain to me about being locked up. I simply
explained that the jury convicted and the judge sentenced them. 'It
ann't my fault you came to visit us.'

I've heard hundreds of times "I'm innocent". 'Sure you are son, now
you are doing time for all the things you were never caught for.'

A few times they were actually honest about being guilty. Even some
said they were lucky to go to prison, because it saved their life --
having lost 100 pounds, heath got better, etc...

There are actually more "innocent" persons in prison than you might think!

Alan Dershowitz explained: "People are convicted, not for what they did, but
for what can be proved. Often what can be proved is not what they did and
what they did cannot be proved."

A goblin can be sent to prison by changing ONE letter in the cop's offense
report! Suppose the offense report read:

"While on routine patrol, my partner Sam Spade and I saw Dudley Dobad, known
to us as a car thief, sitting ON a late model Chevrolet vehicle parked in
front of his residence. We ran the plates on the aforementioned vehicle and
the information came back as "stolen." We placed Dobad under arrest...."

Replace the word "ON" (in caps) above with the word "IN" and you have a
completely different situation.

Some think it's a pity that a mere typographical error can send a man to
prison...