Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Beginners Poly Application/Tack Cloth question

Bill wrote:

Yes, I think I'll start over like Leon suggested. Now that I have a
grasp of the procedure I ought to be able to put on coats pretty fast.

You can - it's not bad advice. But... it's good to learn how to get past
the problems we create. without starting over. It's just a low spot, and it
can be fixed. Either way, you're going to have to get it out or else you
will just have it show up again when you start over. Low spots don't just
do away, you have to sand them away.

In the meantime, I am going to play with drywall compound.

You sir, are a glutton for punishment...

I will
share a little secret which greatly improved my taping: Dunk the
length of paper tape in a bucket of water (I shake it off real well).

Yup - no secret though... that's the way you're supposed to put it on.

--

-Mike-