Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Amish and OSB

Huge wrote:
On 2012-08-03, F Murtz wrote:
Huge wrote:
On 2012-08-03, F wrote:
S Viemeister wrote:
On 8/3/2012 5:15 AM, fred wrote:

Can't be as crazy as the strain of Jewish religion that forbids ALL
work on the sabbath.

I watched a programme many years ago about the extraordinary lengths
some would go to comply with this. Even down to a special light switch
which was designed to comply with this.Some wont even take the bones
out of fish or filter water on the sabbath

Beats me

There are also cookers with Sabbath settings. Years ago, local gentiles
would light the stove, now technology takes care of it...

There is a sabbath setting on my modern F&P fridge.
WTF does it do?

Not sure how clear this is,jpeg of manual page.

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Disables the light.

Weird. One would have thought that opening the dor was "work" and therefore
not allowed, so it doesn't matter if the light comes on. But then, I am not
Jewish.

Lighting a fire is forbidden, and turning a light on is considered byh
some to be equivalent to lighting a fire.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activit...ted_on_Shabbat

For more about what Jews may and may not do during Shabbat.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.