Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Metalworking help needed... (Summary)

On 7/26/12 10:40 AM, Morris Dovey wrote:

I'm looking for help with two (possibly three) relatively small metal
parts for my current R&D project, and decided to "stick my toe in the
water" on r.c.m to see if anyone would be interested in tackling any or
all of them.

Thanks for the good advice to those who provided it. I've decided to
braze all of my connections, but will continue digging for information
on seals.

I figure that my little horizontal bandsaw will do for cutting s/s
tubing to length, and I've gone ahead and ordered a "Little Torch" to
braze the parts together. I've never done anything like that before, but
how difficult can it possibly be?

That liability issues could be a show-stopping intimidation factor never
entered my mind - I'd figured that compensation might be the major
problem, but seem to have misjudged badly.

Unsubscribing...

--
Morris Dovey
http://www.iedu.com/Solar/