Swingman

Default gone longer than I thought...

"Silvan" wrote in message

In fact, with my clumsy fingers and generally plain level of technique, I
think I'd make a *perfect* bass player. G, D & R

LOL ... no doubt you have the qualifications down pat ... when we were kids
it was always the guy who couldn't do anything else who got stuck on bass.
Definitely, if you do it right, it can be boring to those who want to be hot
shots, but I've never felt that way, particularly when working with a good
drummer. AAMOF, I could care less who else is on stage when the drumming is
right, as has been the case the past twenty years or so. For the past few
years I have been playing primarily with a bunch of players
(www.wildriverband.com) who truly love their music (Western Swing), and are
damn good at it (one is in the steel guitar hall of fame and played with Bob
Wills from '46 to '51, and still going strong) ... that has been more fun
than the old, strictly mercenary days, of being on the road much of the
time.

BTW, don't believe the BS about the bass player not getting laid ... it is a
pure, jealousy driven rumor, started by wannabe lead guitarists and fiddle
players ... well, it _used_ to be in any event. At my age, one of those 20
something cuties you see backstage would scare the crap out of me, though
the foxy mature ones with a twinkle in their eye are as present as ever, and
more appreciative to boot.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/13/04