Posted to rec.woodworking
tiredofspam tiredofspam is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On 7/31/2012 10:39 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 7/31/2012 9:34 PM, Puckdropper wrote:

I've been unimpressed by something's pricing and set out to build one of
my own several times. Occasionally, it works great. 30 minutes in the
shop and I've got a new tool/jig/whatever. More often than not, however,
it works out that I spend more time and money trying to copy something
than I would have if I had just bought the thing.

Never going to quit, however. The design part is fun and sometimes the
greater understanding from attempting to build one helps when using the
commercial version.

Agreed. But fun often has to take a back seat to meeting a deadline and
paying the bills ...

Agreed on both accounts.

Now does anyone know what issue the box joint jig that they sell plans
to on the woodsmith site came from. The jig plans/parts have been out of
stock... been so for a long time, maybe time to see if I can get a back
issue to get the plan.

Cataract surgery went well yesterday, seeing things I haven't been able
to see in a long time. But I am having some wierd vision coming and
going, but also some peripheral that I am not used to. Feels wierd.
It'll be a few days before I get in front of a saw.. Just not feeling
confident yet. I'd like to get my vision stabilized or used to this new
feeling.