Silvan

Default gone longer than I thought...

Swingman wrote:

anything from wood at the moment.

It'll hit again before you know it. This typically happens to me about
every three months or so on my own woodworking projects, particularly if
I've logged a lot of shop time in the interim. If I am doing something for
someone else, I can keep at it until I'm done.

I went out there about last July, and pretty much spent all daylight free
time out there all through the fall and winter. I'm still scratching my
head trying to figure myself out though. I was out there freezing my butt
off. Now that the weather is more agreeable, I'm in the house playing on
the computer. That's bassackwards for sure.

I'm weird. I guess that's no great revelation to anyone here though, is it?
LOL!

Know how you feel about the music ... other than my kids, that has always
been the most important thing in my life. Still trying to capture that
feeling when, at 10 or so, I first strummed a five string banjo chord
against a friend's guitar chord and heard, and felt, "that sound" ... it
was a religious experience.

I'm still a pathetic hack though, I'm afraid. I started playing flute in
middle school band, way back when. I got my first guitar shortly after I
got my first job. I was playing around with sequencing MIDI from sheet
music back then, and I asked for the piano version of "The Wall" songbook.
Mom got me the tab edition. So I had to buy a guitar to see if I could
figure out how to play the tab. (I still have that thing too, and I play
it every night. Best $130 I've *ever* spent.

I never have. I can play "Is There Anybody Out There?" badly, but I always
screw it up. It's the only song in the whole book I even try to play. I'm
no David Gilmour.

Oh well. I have fun. My fingers are too clumsy and my breath too short to
be especially good at playing anything, but at least I can feel the groove
and get into the music and lose myself. You don't have to be a shredder or
a virtuoso to enjoy playing music.

In fact, with my clumsy fingers and generally plain level of technique, I
think I'd make a *perfect* bass player. G, D & R

... and music in the shop is as important as the table saw or any other
tool, IMO.

I have "Wish You Were Here" in the CD player out there at the moment. Good
hand planing music.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/