Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Moonshine Stills

On 7/31/2012 6:01 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:24:06 -0700, "Guv Bob"
wrote:

Anyone ever seen one of these working up in the hills? I've seen plenty of busted up ones in years past but none in many years. Never saw one working -- probably a good thing too or I probably wouldn't be here now. LOL! Some of them are pretty ingenious.

Ayup. Years ago I worked for a geophysical company and we were drilling
shot holes for a few months across country in North Carolina. Once one
old boy realized the concept of "Oil Well Lea$e", we would find a couple
quart mason jars of "old glory" in the front seat of the pickup truck. I
asked him about the bizness...and since he figured I was pretty
safe..gave me a tour..but I had to promise not to tell what I saw.

Kinda sorta interesting, but Id made a better still in the store room of
the chemistry lab in high school, and kept the chemistry teacher in
everclear for a couple years.

But..that was 40 yrs ago.

Gunner

Visited Tennessee a few decades ago. Let be known among certain friends
that I was interested in corn squeezings. Friend of a friend showed up
with clear liquid in a bourbon bottle and a Mason jar. Being indecisive,
I bought both. Jocularity ensued. Still got a mite in the mason jar...

David