Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike M Mike M is offline

Default Best bang for ten bucks ...

On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 19:07:15 -0500, Swingman wrote:

C'mon guys ... the point of the PSA post is the ten buck price point
being a 54% savings off the usual retail of a useful item.

Just holding the damned thing in your hand will convince you that it's
worth ten bucks; and using as I described will convince you that it's
well worth the normal retail price if you do a fair amount of pocket
hole joinery.

As far as making one ... if I had to buy more than a few at retail,
maybe. For ten bucks, no way in hell ...

If there's any doubt, check the prices on a suitable clamp that will
exert the same necessary force, for starters.

How about a thank you for the heads up. I ordered 2 online. 60 miles
round trip into Seattle for me so $6.99 shipping is a no brainer. Out
where I live in the foothills every peckerwood tourist drives 10-15
mph under the speed limit so I would just as soon stay off the road.
I know I could build one but for $9.99 I have to ask why?

Mike M